Conversion Therapy Dropout Network Memo Re: COVID-19
It goes without saying that our first priority is our community’s well being. The COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) pandemic is affecting everyone nationwide, including our community. Please, know that our services are still available and that we are weighing our options for upcoming programs and events. Our March 29th Survivor Sunday will be held online.
Please, know that you are always welcome to reach out to us. We know that stressful times like this can trigger PTSD and anxiety in our community and we want you to know that you are not alone.
Now is a time for self-care and we at CTDN are doing the same. Should you have a mental health crisis during this time, please call the Trevor Project at 1-866-488-7386, or visit their website for online chat at www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/.
Should you wish to talk with a fellow conversion therapy survivor while not experiencing a mental health crisis, please call or text us at (213) 357-1151 or chat with us directly with the chat feature of the bottom right corner of our webpages.
To prevent the spread and infection of COVID-19, we strongly urge you to follow the guidelines set by the CDC.
• Wash your hands with soap & water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• The CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a face mask. They should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others and by medical personnel.
If you or someone close to you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please, contact your doctor or hospital in advance and follow any procedures they have in place. You may also want to consider using virtual and home-based healthcare benefits such as NurseHelp 24/7 SM, Teladoc, or Heal™ to avoid spreading any illnesses.
These are troubling times, but we can and will endure. Stay safe, and please do not hesitate to contact us. Stay well friends.
Curtis D. Galloway
Founder & President
Conversion Therapy Dropout Network